Updates from the Board
By Jennifer Price – Secretary
Happy New Year!
As a Data Management Professional, I’m sure you are very busy providing high quality data to enrich the lives of patients worldwide. Thank you for all you do, at SCDM we appreciate all the hard work you and your company do to benefit the community worldwide!!!
SCDM has certainly been a busy organization over the past year. We have seen additional regional conferences, translation of the GCDMP to Chinese, webinars, partnerships, white papers, innovation publications, website updates and the shiny new SCDM app! Whew!
New Years is also the time for resolutions, so below are some resolutions you can adopt to help learn a new skill, grow your relationships, and enhance your career.
- ‘Like’ us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SCDMDataDriven/) and let us know how you use SCDM resources in your DM life
- Review over 200 Data Basics articles for details on the latest industry trends, or consider writing an article yourself. While all articles are available to members, there are select articles available for FREE to non-members (https://scdm.org/publications/data-basics/)
- Join a SCDM Linkedin Group and introduce yourself (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1878615)
- Attend an online course (http://portal.scdm.org/?q=online-courses ) to learn a new skill or as a refresher. There are hot topics such as ‘Processing Lab Data’, and ‘Metrics and Identifying Data Trends’
- Tweet out a DM tidbit, meme, or something about your job and include @SCDM_DataDriven
- Review the new GCDMP chapters as they are released this year, or better yet, join one of the teams working on these chapters. (https://scdm.org/about-scdm/committees-taskforces/) There are chapters of interest to all clinical research professionals, statisticians, regulatory professionals
- If you haven’t already, obtaining your ccdm certification: there is a FREE webinar (http://portal.scdm.org/node/1018 ) on how to obtain your certification happening soon
- Attend an upcoming online webinar such as ‘RECIST and Immune Related response Evaluation in Oncology Trials’ or ‘FDA regulations for CDMs’ (https://scdm.org/online-education/webinars/)
- Help grow our community by sharing this newsletter to a few others within your workplace or network, and ask them to join the friends of SCDM. Please let them know that the GCDMP is now available for FREE. We appreciate it!
- Make plans now for attending the SCDM Annual Conference in Seattle in September