Welcome to 2020!
2020 is coming in with a bang for SCDM and we are excited to have you as a member! You are the motivation behind all of our achievements and the inspiration for all of our future plans.
With the new year comes a new SCDM Board Chair. We are very excited to welcome Michael Goedde to this position. Michael has been active with SCDM for many years and we know great things will happen under his leadership!
Linda King, our past chair has made some spectacular accomplishments over the past year. We have a new vision and mission leading us into the Data Sciences realm. We have a super-exciting strategic plan for the upcoming 3 years.
Instead of recounting our accomplishments from last year, I’d like to introduce the top 10 SCDM activities that I am excited for in 2020:
1. Annual Conference – We are looking for volunteers to participate in the conference. Submit an abstract online and we will guide you every step of the way to make your presentation successful. This is a great career booster!
2.Reflection paper that details the industry transformation from Clinical Data Management to Clinical Data Science. This is a must-read. The information in this paper defines what it will look like to be in our industry in the next years. Download here.
3. Completed GCDMP Chapters – there have been several new chapters released with our Evidence-Based methodology. Please see our list of chapters for download here.
4. Archived Presentations – Many of our Annual Conference Presentations are available in the members area. This is a gold mine of knowledge for all clinical data topics. Discover 2019 Conference presentations here.
5. Education at SCDM – Our courses in Project Management, Metrics, EDC Implementation, and Managing Trials are all enrolling. Learn from the experts! See our Online Courses here.
6. Contribute to our GCDMP upcoming chapters from here.
7. CCDM (Certified Clinical Data Manager) Exam Beta Test opportunity – We have moved our CCDM exam online and are looking for Beta testers. If you have any question please see detail from here and the beta exam will be available soon.
8. Community Platform. Our Community Platform is THE place to gather while not attending one of our conferences. This is the place to have conversations, post questions and see news and volunteer opportunities. Community Platform link here.
9. Articles about Data Management/Data Sciences – Check the leading Data Management Journal featuring peer-reviewed articles on industry news here.
10. I am most excited about all the strategic initiatives that we have planned for the upcoming year. You should see these represented in our upcoming GCDMP content, Publications, White Papers, and Educational opportunities. Make sure you Attend or watch on-demand our state of the industry webinar scheduled for February 4. To register please follow this link.
Thank you for being a part of SCDM and we look forward to an exciting decade of growth in our industry.